Wagga Wagga's Family Dental Surgery
As a patient at Best St Dental, you are well looked after.
Our professional and focused team provides the Wagga Wagga community with consistent, high quality care in a modern, state of the art, friendly environment.
Your first visit to Best St Dental is very important. You will be required to complete a medical history and personal details form. All information remains strictly confidential.
Your initial dental examination includes:
- a comprehensive oral cancer screening to identify tissue abnormalities inside the mouth or areas of potential increased risk
- diagnostic photographs to show the teeth in detail and these will be used in discussion of any findings
- check of the TMJ (jaw joints) for any clicking and a check of the muscles of the jaw for signs of tenderness, which could be related to tooth grinding or clenching
- a periodontal screening to determine whether any form of gum disease is present
- full dental charting and examination of all teeth to look for health of existing restorations and check for any new decay
- identification of any teeth with signs of cracks and therefore at higher risk of breakage
- discussion regarding possible sleep or snoring concerns, and
- low dose digital radiographs (X-rays), which are often required to aid diagnosis, enabling us to visualise the bone height between the teeth and check for cavities that are not visible to the eye.
Options are discussed, so that you are able to make an informed decision about the best care for you.
To ensure good oral health is maintained, we recommend you continue with active maintenance. Our team of hygienists and dentists will see you every 6 months to complete the following:
- oral cancer screening
- scaling of your teeth to remove calculus (tartar) and plaque build up, and
- an application of fluoride to strengthen tooth enamel and reduce sensitivity.
Evidence now strongly links poor oral health with increased risk of diabetes and heart disease, as well as other general medical conditions.
At Best St Dental you can expect:
- an appointment as soon as possible
- a written itemised estimate of professional fees
- treatment options tailored to your needs and budget, and
- care and support from all of our staff.